MBA Mexico

MBA Mexico

Mexico Visa Information


Search jobs

Who requires a visa?

Nationals of the following countries do not need a visa to enter Mexico as a tourist:
  • European Union countries for stays of up to 180 days (except nationals of Austria, France, Greece and Luxembourg who can stay for up to 90 days).
  • Australia, Canada, Japan and the USA for stays of up to 180 days.
  • Andorra, Argentina, Bermuda, Chile, Costa Rica, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Norway, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Switzerland and Uruguay for stays of up to 180 days.
  • Czech Republic, Israel, Monaco and Poland for up to 90 days.
  • Korea for stays of up to 60 days.
  • Venezuela for stays of up to 30 days.
Nationals of countries not mentioned above will need a visa to visit Mexico

Type of Visa:

The Mexican Tourist Visa is known at the "FMT". This Visa can potentially be valid for 180 days.

It makes the holder a Non-Immigrant, it allows to live in the country for an extended period of time.
  • Annually Business FM3 Visa allows foreigners to work legally in Mexico and is valid for 365 days, which can be renewed each year.
  • Annually Retirement FM3 Visa is valid for 365 days that allows foreigners to reside in Mexico for more then six months and can be renewed each year.
The business or retirement FM3 visa, it is not a simple form, it is an immigration process and you must meet several requirements.

It makes the holder an Immigrant. It must be renewed each year (for five years). After your fifth year you can apply to become an immigrant.

What documents will be required?

Tourist Visa:
  • Passport with minimum of 6 months' validity or a certified copy of your birth certificate,
  • Application form (a blank FMT form),
  • 1 passport-size photo,
  • Original return ticket,
  • Visa fee (It is payable in cash only at any Mexican bank. The immigration officer will indicate you the closest bank usually is in the same port of entry).
Business Visitors
  • Passport with minimum of 6 months' validity,
  • Application form,
  • 2 passport-size photos,
  • Visa fee (It is payable in cash, postal order or company cheque),
  • Letter from applicant's employer accepting financial responsibility to cover the applicant's stay, which also states the nature of business to be undertaken and the name and address of the business contact(s) in Mexico. For visits of more than 30 days, a multiple-entry card is needed, as well as a letter from the local Chamber of Commerce (or Department of Trade and Industry) confirming the sponsoring company is a member of either body,
  • Postal applications must be accompanied by a stamped, self-addressed envelope with recorded delivery.

Time required to issue visa:

2 days (in person).
1 week (by post).
Applications should not be made more than 3 months before date of departure.

Can foreign students work in Mexico?

To do an internship in Mexico you require a visa for voluntary workers (FM3) that you can receive by the Mexican consulate or embassy.

Embassy contact information:

- Mexican Embassies

Back to:
» MBA Mexico
» MBA Abroad